SC - A different kind of historical recreation

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 19:56:01 PST 1999

Elaina,

What part of Caid did you live in?  Because I was
doing
feasts back then and the only banquets in restaurants
that I can remember were in Nordwache
(Fresno/Bakersfield area).  I was doing period
banquets in quite a few church halls in Angels (San
Gabriel Valley). Lyondemere (coastal areas of Los
Angeles) put on many period banquets.  Califia (San
Diego) also
put on many period banquets.

Yes, I have to admit the Fab Feasts was my first
period cookbook.  But I soon abandoned it when I was
given Kings Taste and Queens Taste.  They were soon
followed
by Dining with William Shakespeare and Pleyn Delit.
My first banquets were take from these last four
books.
It wasn't until Duke Cariadoc moved to Caid that I was
exposed to the originals and the concept of actually
redacting my own recipes, for which I will be
eternally grateful to him.

Huette