SC - Bean Pie

Eric & Mary Ward ecward at southwind.net
Wed Nov 10 09:42:17 PST 1999

(lurk mode off)

I have just recently signed onto this listserv & am finding it very
educational.  Now I have a request for the members of the list, if I
may.

I have been asked to make a 'bean pie' for a feast at our local
Champions Event.
I have found some recipes in modern cookbooks for it.
What I would like to ask is:

It has been requested as a dessert.  Would a bean pie be a dessert?
Would it be considered 'period' & does anyone have a recipe?

Thank you for the bandwith.

Dub Essa