SC - Re: survival/ camp cooking

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Thu Nov 11 01:39:13 PST 1999

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Alderton, Philippa wrote:

> Umm, if you're going to survive, you'll need lots of water, whether
> you have it in your beans or whatever, or whether you drink it
> plain. That's why

Depending on where you live, a gallon a day for each person is the
minimum. This is just in food and drink, not for things like washing.
Personally, I'd try for 50% more (still just food & drink). If I was in
a hot climate; several gallons. Now compare this to what you drink on
events...

Also remember that there are several sources of water that isn't a tap.
Melt snow (takes lots of fuel), boil water from lakes and streams, etc.
Should all the paranoia turn out to be true I'll go out in the woods and
chop a hole in a suitable lake (that time of year they tend to get a
hard crust around here).

> Phlip, who has long since learned that "necessities" like hot-n-cold running
> water, are merely a convenience....

How about the hot and cold running footmen?

/UlfR
 Who's spent far too much^Wlittle time out in the woods "doing
survival type stuff.

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                   parlei at algonet.se
Do witches run spell checkers?