SC - Cooking Champions of Ansteorra

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Nov 11 07:47:51 PST 1999

> I was thrilled to have been chosen to represent Ansteorra with a period
> recipe at the Gulf War this year.

Seeing how far you have come in the past two years, I personally am very
proud of you.

> The new spices I received for this from
> World Spice in Seattle I beleive made the big difference. \

Speaking of which I need to restock my larder. I'm out of everything.
Long pepper, cubebs, cinnamon, candied ginger....mmmmm....candied ginger.
One of the nicests little gifts I recieved as King was a little bag of very
nice candied ginger left on the throne. I ate it at work for weeks.

> Beef Stew
> redacted by HL Gwyneth Blackrose

Yum! Thank you for the recipe.

In your paperwork did you list the steps and changes to the recipe like
I showed you? I wish I could have read it. I'll make sure to drop by at
Gulf Wars.

> Beef stew is a simple dish but I had never played with cubebs or grains of
> paradise before so I did a lot of experimenting to get it the way I wanted it.

Next time you cook a steak, rub the outside with crushed cubebs, pepper, kosher
salt and garlic. Broil. Enjoy. I've found that I'm putting more and more Medieval

spices into my modern cooking.

> There were a LOT of very talented people there.
> I saw your name, Sir Gunthar, on the auction sheet for the verjuice and
> then couldn't find you anywhere.  Sorry you had to miss it.

When I found out that a bottle of Chardonnay verjuice was up in the silent
auction I wrote to Mistress Rose and asked if I could put in a long distance
bid. She agreed and I'm paying $20 for it. Maybe a bit much but it's for a
good cause and I want to play with it. So it's worth it for me.

I was planning on going to the event, having a discussion with His Highness
about Gulf War stuff and then fighting at TRF.

> in service,
> gwyneth

Yers,

Gunthar