SC - Good Broth

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 05:06:55 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/13/1999 9:51:37 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
LrdRas at aol.com writes:

<<
 I see little need to 'encourage' new cooks to substitute things or
compromise
 recipes when it is clearly a better path to teach them to provide suitable
 menus from period sources using period ingredients. When folks attend one of
 my feasts or Master Adamantius' feast or Master Huen's feasts, they do so
 with the total knowledge that it will be a means to further experience the
 Dream and carry home another memory of the period. SCA cooks do not need a
 hundred ways to make feasts more modern, they need to be taught to utilize
 the hundreds of ways to make a feast more authentic. :-)

 Ras

Amen, Brother, but you are preaching to the choir.  A recent offering at a
local A&S symposiium was a class on how to simplify eventing by using modern
methods of camp cooking.  The really frustrating thing is that my Household
is puzzled at my lack of desire to jump on the bandwagon.  I think I made my
point when I told Lord Davor that he could simplify eventing by leaving his
rattan and armor home and just take a gun.

Mordonna The Cook
SunDragon Western Reaches
Atenveldt
(m.k.a. Buckeye, AZ)