SC - Good Broth

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 05:50:30 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/13/99 11:51:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

<< My WoW feast included melons, grapes, bread, Browned
 Vegetables, rice (the beef fat was left out in error), cabbages, frumenty,
 apples, cider. >>

So the rice would not normally have been vegetarian.  What does your frumenty
recipe use for a cooking liquid?  I was under the impression that most of
them used meat broth, and some use eggs, which would make it inedible to at
least some vegetarians.

That would leave your vegetarians with a menu of three fruits and fruit
juice, a couple of vegetables, and bread.  That would not feel like a feast
to me.  I would want at least another carbohydrate, and some kind of beans or
something for protein.  If the frumenty recipe is actually vegetarian, that
would help, but I think it would still feel a little short.

Brangwayna Morgan