SC - pictures of feasts

RuddR at aol.com RuddR at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 07:16:01 PST 1999

Gwyneth asks:

"I have a friend who does pottery and has volunteered to make me some
plates, bowls, etc. to use when I do period displays, meals, and the like.
What I need are pictures to show him.  Could anyone recomend a few good
source books or perhaps a web site or two?
thanks alot,"

Check out Master Huen's "Feast for the Eyes" at:

http://www.labs.net/dmccormick/medpix.htm

and also "The Age of Charles V, Sports and Entertainment" from the
Biblioteque Nationale de France, at:

http://www.bnf.fr/enluminures/themes/t_4/ast_4_02.htm

Rudd Rayfield