SC - Good Broth

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Sun Nov 14 12:10:03 PST 1999

I don't know, I was thinking of recreating a single course from a
wedding feast,
and all the dishes mentioned are meat. I am planning on throwing in some
vegetable
and fruit dishes, but I am not going to alter to suit anybody but
myself! Since
the reason for the feast is to recreate as closely as possible part of
an actual
medieval feast [excluding all the footmen to do the serving ;-)  ] I
dont feel the
need to kowtow to modern nutritional science. The other not listed
dishes of
bread, veggies and fruits I put in to fill the table out with something
othr than
meat, using as the source the source for the main course that I feel
will
complement the meats. I figure that since it was a special holiday, any
humoral or
plain-food cooking wouldn't be apprpriate, sort of like nowdays we
wouldn't serve
meatloaf at a wedding!
margali
[for those who are interested, since I had 1000 eggs at work, this is
the
original:
venyson in broth - vol 2 pp 464
spawdys de mouton - vol 1 pp 122-123, but substituting a nice cameline
kyde - chawettys vol 2 pp475
doke - sorcell roasted vol 1 pp 74-75, pykell for mallard vol 1 pp 52-53
chykonys roste - chicken endorred vol 1 pp 82-83
pygge in sawge - vol 1 pp132-133
venysoun bakke- vol 2 pp 466

and adding:
trencher bread
the spiffy rolls used as salt wells
brydons or prenade vol 1 pp 162-163
pears in compost vol 1 pp 187-189
hanoney vol 1 pp 31
white herbs [spinach variant] vol 1 pp 58