SC - Early Period A&S Entries

Jennifer Rushman rushmaj at basf-corp.com
Tue Nov 16 06:10:48 PST 1999

Hauviette  wrote (Edited):
Agreed. On a personal note, I have been openly discouraged from submitting
Apician recipes to A&S because its "not period". When I looked at the copora,
it only states pre-17C. No date is set on the other end. Now, doing cave man
stuff may be rediculous, but Imperial Roman, as in 1-4th C (what Apicius is
purported to be from) what is non period in that. . . .
Hauviette

Check your Kingdom's A&S criteria.  I believe the Midrealm's has a 'starting
date' so to speak.  If I remember correctly it caused a change in the Kingdom
 Pentathlon champion in the recent past.  A very fine artisan had made
something (I don't remember the catagory) but that particular entry was
disqualified as the piece was too early.  This may have been catagory
specific (like costuming). I would reread over the A&S rules very carefully
as it is easy to miss some of those small statements that can make or break
an entry.
CH
Lady Clare Hele, Barony of Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia.
There is this great necklace I want to make, oh it's from 800 BC. . .
(Formerly of Baronies of Rivenstar and Northwoods, Midrealm)