SC - Oat Groats (and stressing out)

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 16 19:59:58 PST 1999

While shopping on the bulk foods aisle at Whole Foods today, I came across
"Oat Groats" on sale for 99-cents a pound.  I didn't even know I wanted
these, until I saw them. They'd probably be more correct than rolled oats in
the various oat frumenty type recipes in the Markham and Digby books I am
currently studying. Am I right about this?

What other oat recipes are around? Oatcakes?  Surely I can fit this into the
Celtic side of my feast next spring. Wonder how much of this I should stock
up on while it's on sale? somebody posted a sort of oat "pilaf" a while
back, didn't they? Let me just wander off to the Florilegium now . . .

What's that, I promised to do the Windlore cover this month and it's due on
Friday?  And I've already missed a day and a half of work this week being
sick or being mother to sick people?  And the payroll office has bumped up
all of the deadlines from next Monday to this Friday because of the two day
holiday next week?

Oh, alright, playing with my food will just have to wait until Thanksgiving.

Bonne
(not having a good week, except for finding the oat groats)
(wonder if Manus would accept a short but nicely calligraphed recipe as a
cover illustration?)