SC - Early Period A&S Entries

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Tue Nov 16 22:21:00 PST 1999

hey all from Anne-Marie....

At 06:06 PM 11/16/99 -0500, Hupman, Laurie wrote:
>This may help...Apicius, while done around the 4th century, was reprinted
>over and over during the period considered appropriate for the SCA. Also,
>someone told me once that during the Italian Renn, they'd dress up in togas
>and do "re-enactment" feasts :).

>Now this is cool -- I really want to do a period re-enactment feast.  Any
>idea where this person got their information?
>
>Rose :)

I thought it was way cool too (I like the idea of medieval people doing
dress up :)). I'll do some digging and I bet I can find out this weekend.

stay tuned! :)

- --AM, who always wanted to hold a 15th century Arthurian event. Everyone
would dress up as the MEDIEVAL idea of the arthurian legends. Separates the
Malories from the Zimmer Bradleys...:)