SC - Re: Apicius site, some thoughts

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Nov 17 23:51:08 PST 1999

> ...... go for it Stefan, this would be an excellent contribution to the
> Florilegium! (IMO)- Hauviette

Thank you Hauviette. This is an excellant piece of material and very much
the kind of message that I like to have for the Florilegium. It's not
information easily found in books but it is good practical information
useful in the medieval re-creation we do. Folks, I can't read but a few
newsgroups or mail lists. If you see other useful info, please feel free
to forward the material to me. For private email like this one, I do need
some indication that both parties are willing to let me put it in the
Florilegium. I take it, Hauviette, that you are finding the Florilegium
useful to you, although like this mail list it is probably new to you.
Please let me know if I can help you with any questions or if you need
help finding something. Also, if you have any suggestions or complaints
please let me know.

However, I had one small glitch with this message. In the section
with the recipe I got:
> 6 tubes of anchovy paste, (or 12 small tins of anchovy fillets drained and
> liquidized) * teaspoon of each of the above herbs but fresh if possible.
>  1 clove of Garlic (crush it with the side of a knife)

I assume the asterisk (*) got substituted for a fraction but I don't know
which one. Single character fractions do not translate through various
software packages well and I think in this case the digestifier for this
list. Please consider converting these to something like 1/2 if possible.
While 0.5 or .5 will work, it is real easy to overlook that tiny decimal
point.

With these comments on liquamen, I think I have enough to create a new
file just for this. Also now that I have a number of condiment and sauce
files, I think I will create another food section for just condiments.

Thanks.
  Stefan
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net