SC - A Dilemma on what to cook for Dinner-HELP!

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 18 06:53:32 PST 1999

>have mattered to him at all, or that maize simply wasn't something it
>ever occurred to him to eat. Many people cook without fully
>understanding all of what they eat; they might simply say "mush is >mush,
>who cares what grain?"

What you have to bear in mind is that the documents you are interpreting
aren't meant for our minds, there are intracacies
and assumptions that both authors would have made based on the
assumed knowledge of the work's audience.  We, unfortunately
are not that audience, our minds are shaped differently than
theirs (to an extent).  We don't have the background necessary
to interpret the works fully.

>intellectually (or was that someone else?), thereby implying an
>unfavorable comparison, which comparison would seem to have ignored
>Platina's genuine accomplishments, even if they had less impact than
>Leonardo's. As I said earlier, it sounded like someone calling
>Oppenheimer an idiot for not being Einstein, or, for that matter,
>Einstein an idiot for not being Hawking. Essentially just a bit >unfair.

To establish a point here, there is an ongoing feud between Staphen Hawking
and the current author pushing the GUT Cosmic String Theory.
(very interesting reading if you're into that kind of thing).  The GUT
author has been trying to get Hawking to review his work, and Hawking has
dimissed it becasue he or his people didn't think of it. (not kidding here,
I laughed for an hour over this)

The fact that DaVinci may have dissed or dismissed Platina is perfectly
reasonable. Now, we as observers to this can only guess as to what actually
happened futher down the light cone from us.

Cadoc
(who finally started reading his mail backwards to catch up with reality
after spending 2 weeks off and on the road and at his
girlfriend's house for a weekend)
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" Well you want to go out
  'cause it's raining and blowing
  You can't go out
  'cause your roots are showing