SC - French toast?

Hupman, Laurie LHupman at kenyon.com
Thu Nov 18 07:37:44 PST 1999

Well, I know what a monte cristo sandwich is, and I stay far away from
them...

And I can't attest to anyplace in Seattle that makes them, but I can give
you three places in California that do, and do them right.

As far as french toast is concerned, when I was about 14 (back when
dinosaurs roamed the earth), my family spent two weeks travelling through
Spain.  My father cooked french toast for breakfast every single morning.
It was almost 20 years before I'd eat french toast again.  Nowadays, I like
it with cinnamon or vanilla, and apple syrup.