SC - Last unanswered Buffet menu

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Nov 18 08:08:59 PST 1999

> Actually, I love to post my recipes. I am however hesitant at times because I
> am only a "novice" and although I do my best, I often wonder  if its high
> enough caliber.

Please forgive my vulgar outburst but HORSEPATOOTIE!

This list isn't for "professional" cooks. It isn't for "amateur" cooks. It's for

cooks. A "novice" is more than welcome to post ideas or recipes. But they
must be secure enough to recieve helpful criticism from those better informed.
That's what this list is about. Everyone is welcome, nay encouraged, to post
recipes, ideas, questions and comments as long as things are done in a
courteous manner. Please post your recipes or make sure that if you are copying
from a source to give the information on that source but don't post and feel you

are the only authority on the subject. The reason I have stressed that is
because
we have had new posters come on this list and make some statement they feel
is true and correct then get told the other side of the story and go off feeling

picked on.

> The dilemma is that if I don't post my work, how am I going
> to get a critical audience to assist me in developing my  knowledge and
> understanding of cooking and in particular that of the MA's. My laurel is
> critical when necessary, but I don't always post everything to her.

And some people on this list may have more information at hand than your Laurel.

> Although this may sound sappy, I have to reiterate how grateful I am to those
> who take a moment of their time to point out things that they see to be
> considered in my work. I do my best to incorporate/consider that and keep an
> open mind.

Which is precisely the attitude to take on this list.

> Sincerly,
> Hauviette.

Yers,

Gunthar