SC - Recipies with Beer and Ale?

Elysant at aol.com Elysant at aol.com
Thu Nov 18 19:25:37 PST 1999

- -Poster: <Elysant at aol.com>

>> I had thought I had a beer-cheese
>> soup recipie or something, but I guess I didn't save one because I can
>> make that anyway.  I'd be pleased to see other recipies, preferably
>> period ones to go into the Beer Issue.

>I recall al-Saayid A'aql posting a variant on noumbles in ale called
>bourse or something like that, 15th century English, some time ago.
>Then, of course, there are noumbles in ale. I can look for more.

>Adamantius

We just were discussing beer in dishes recently I seem to remember.  The
recipe I put on the list for Welsh Rarebit has beer in it, but isn't
documentable as period (traditional though).  I do seem to remember Stefan
commenting on recipes with beer in at the time we were discussing the beer
being in the Rarebit.  Maybe he has some "foods with beer" recipes in his
Florithingy? :-)

Elysant