SC - French toast?

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 03:27:41 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/18/1999 9:28:24 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
troy at asan.com writes:

<<  Another possibility, of course, is that the area we now call
 Florida either had a different climate from its current state, or that
 what was known as Florida then was a little different, on the map, from
 the modern state. I seem to recall the Seminoles, for example, holding a
 fairish chunk of the American South at one point. Maybe even West
 Virginia, for all I know ;  ) .

 Adamantius >>

Good Master A,

Geograpy and climate do change, but the kind of climate change you are
talking about would take longer than a mere thousand years.
As for the Seminoles, they held most of South Georgia, and North and Central
Florida, in the late 18th and early 19th centuries, IIRC.
However, you may be correct in thinking that "Florida" referred to a much
larger region than the modern state.  The Spanish used the name to mean the
entire continent as well as the Carribean Basin.

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt
(m.k.a. Buckeye, AZ