SC - French toast?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Nov 19 05:27:15 PST 1999

ChannonM at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/18/99 10:48:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> macdairi at hotmail.com writes:
>
> << what comes out of the brown woman's head... >>
> is that stuff really maple syrup?
>
> Hauviette
> who pays $10 for 700ml of maple syrup from Quebec.

I'm not sure it even claims to be maple syrup. I haven't looked closely
at a bottle of that stuff in years; it may be labelled as "maple
flavored", which just indicates they're legally allowed to use the term
to point out that some miniscule proportion of the stuff is maple. Not
unlike the old McDonald's claim that their burgers are made from 100%
pure beef. They always were (the beef that they used was 100% pure), but
with little added bonuses. Both products presumably conform to an
extremely lax FDA or USDA standard of identity.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com