SC - Cariota

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Nov 22 09:06:31 PST 1999

> >Cariota
> >Roasted Carrots
> >
> You may do well by grilling them and then baking them.  I'd be curious to
> know what kind of taste a bit of charring would add
> to the dish as opposed to the direct contact with the coals it
> would normally recieve.  It's probably be a smokiness that would
> be missing from the over prepared one...maybe...
>
> It's just a thought....
>
> Cadoc

And it's a good thought. I like to follow a recipe as closely as possible
as well and maybe grilling would have been an interesting change. As
it was I roasted them in a 400 degree oven a little too long and they
blackened slightly on the outside. But this was perfect because they
caramalized instead of burned. The end result was a wonderful vinegary,
herby salad with a touch of sweet from the carrots. I highly recommend
them.

Gunthar