SC - Embarrassing Question...

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 22 09:38:02 PST 1999

><<  It often left gaps of peels or cut off big
>  chunks of apple.
>   >>

>Sounds like they skewed the contest toward the knife user since the only
>times I have had those problems with my peeler was when I used the pretty
>mush varieties of apples or ones that had become soft on their own.

I'm sure, as with any tool, there is a learning curve in the setting up and
using of the thing, so the test could have been skewed that way as well.
There is also the relative quality of the informercial item, is it a
knock-off that looks like the tool Ras owns and uses, or the same tool?
Problems might be that the spring loaded blade has a less powerful spring
and it's got a suction cup instead of a clamp to hold it to the table.
Lastly, what kind of work was the guy with the knife doing?  He may have
finished processing the apple, but how thick and chunky were his peels?  I
cringe at how much apple is on the peel when my girls "help", even when they
use my spiffy german vegetable peeler.  I understand the quality version of
the tool under discussion doesn't gouge out much apple when it's taking off
the skin.  Waste not want not.

Bonne