SC - Thanksgiving & Cooking gifts

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Nov 24 13:19:35 PST 1999

I will be very grateful for my whole family, we've had weddings this
year, and babies (both the blood and SCA sides), and there hasn't been
any ill feelings of note to bother anybody.  I'm grateful for all the
things I get to do in the SCA, like sing cool music and chat with
wonderful cooks worldwide.  I'm grateful for a good job that lets me use
my talents (big, nasty loading bay doors aside), and still allows me to
have a life.
However,
I've been ill for the last two days, so the last thing I want to do is
eat a rich meal tomorow.  We were planning on a restaurant, but one of
the ladies in our household has bought a new house, and we are going over
there to warm it up.  I have been trying to think of something easy on my
tum to take that would be a good addition to the meal.  Tara is bringing
a low-fat sweet potato soup, and that sounds pretty good, and I'm
thinking of something with some frozen fruit I have downstairs.  That
saffron cobbler I made last weekend was so good, I might re-create that.
	I actually demo'd an UnTurkey last week and Tofurky today (working in a
vegetarian grocery store).  While I wouldn't use either one, many people
had a good reaction to them, and were pleased to have something they
could produce for themselves, vegan relatives, or whatever.  The Unturkey
was made of seitan (wheat gluten) and the Tofurky had a tofu outer and
bread stuffing, with tempeh 'drumsticks' and 'Tofurky Jerky' strips for
pulling like a wishbone.  I like eating vegetarian food, but I don't like
it when they try to make something out of it that it isn't.  I guess I
could think of it as a subtlety, but somehow, that doesn't help.
	Anyway, to all of you out there, enjoy your day of Thanks and Feasts,
and remember, Recipies, Please!
	Christianna