SC - OT, OOP, question for Ansteorrans, I think.

Thu Nov 25 17:32:56 PST 1999

> Someone Master A, I think) asked,
> <<what is a peanut patty?>>
>
> uther at lcc.net writes:
> <<
>  It is a brittle candy, very hard, with peanuts in it.  If you give me
> your
>  address, I will mail you some.  It's quite inexpensive.  The brownish
> ones
>  are VERY hard and the pink ones are just hard.
>
> I have no idea of what a peanut patty is, but what Uther is describing is
> home made peanut brittle.  Very simply, a hard, sugar candy poured over
> shelled, roasted, salted peanuts and allowed to cool.  There are several
> variations, and methods of cooking it.  Some recipes include baking powder
> or
> soda to make it bubbly, some use dark corn syrup, some white.  Give me a
> little time and I'll post some recipes.
>

> Mordonna the Cook,

Think praline with peanuts.  In particular, one in which you can feel the
granularity of the sugar.  Peanut patties aren't anywhere near peanut
brittle in texture.  They are about three inches in diameter, 3/8 of an inch
thick, denser than a sugar lump, but not as dense as peanut brittle.  The
sensory effect is closer to that of sugar lump than to a brittle.  Hard,
compact sugar with peanuts.

Bear