SC - Food Gifts

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Fri Nov 26 08:13:20 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/26/1999 6:37:35 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
troy at asan.com writes:

<<
 Now this is basic chili vinegar, right? The part you use, the sauce, is
 still a clearish vinegar, but with the added taste and heat of the
 chilies, as opposed to, say, Tobasco which has the peppers sort of
 disintegrated into the vinegar.>>

Well, you know, the tabasco does not use any outside source of vinegar.  The
vinegar present in the finished product is the result of fermentation of the
peppers.  (seven years, IIRC)  It has little relationship to my pepper sauce.
 Tobasco is more for meat dishes, and pepper sauce is for vegetable dishes.

 <<If you can find sherry vinegar, it's a wonderful one to use for this job.>>

Thanks for the suggestion, there are more waiting to be picked as soon as I
can get back over to Mom's house, where my pepper plant is.

 <<By the way, as per our discussion on surviving
 medieval cuisine, Greens with Bacon or Hamhocks, big time.>>

Food fit for the Gods doesn't go out of style.

 <>

High praise conimg from you, Thank you.

<< Adamantius>>

 troy at asan.com