SC - Thanksgiving OOP recipes

Helen helen at directlink.net
Sat Nov 27 08:00:36 PST 1999

'Lainie's pumpkin pie turned out very well.  I liked it alot!

Since I can contribute no period ones :

ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE DRESSING

1 lb of ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE  (I use fresh but smoked would be ok.)
1 bag of seasoned cornbread dressing (12-14 lb stuffing size)
2-3 cups of turkey stock (add more at the end, if needed to be baked outside the
bird)
small amount of oil or butter
large onion, minced finely
about 1/2 of a head of garlic
shot of tabasco to taste
extra rosemary and sage

Brown sausage, set aside to cool.  Add the oil/butter, onion and garlic to the
pan and sauté till soft. (not needed it your sausage leave a lot of oil in the
pan.  Mine does not)  Add spices to taste.  In large bowl add the sausage and
seasoned sledge to bread crumbs and add the stock till most enough for you.
Bake till a thermometer reads 170 in the center.

Green Bean bundles

1 large can of whole green beans or lightly steamed fresh ones.
bacon (I 1/2 cook mine in the microwave, must be still limp)
lemon
onion

Take a small stack of green beans and put a small slice of onion in the middle
of the pile and wrap bundle with a piece of bacon like a belt.  Hold in place
with a tooth pick.  Squeeze a lemon over the bundles and run in the oven till
the beans are warm and the bacon crispy.