SC - Turkey Day post-mortem

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Sat Nov 27 21:10:48 PST 1999

My feast was small and simple (You don't do fancy with a 2 year old and a
newborn).  We had 2 friends to visit and they brought salad.  I roasted an
11.5 pound turkey, basted in orange juice and seasoned with a mixture of
garlic, onion, tarragon, parsley, paprika, tumeric, sage, thyme, marjarom,
rosemary, and spearmint.  I stuffed it with my first attempt at wild rice
dressing (Wild rise, poultry spice seasoning, onion, celery, and dried
fruit).  Fresh cranberry sauce was mixed with maderine oranges and crushed
pineapple.  Sweet potatoes were mashed and mixed with honey and crushed
pineapple and baked.  Green beans were steamed.  The unexpected was done
for dessert.  I had planned a simple apple pie.  However, all the stores
were out of pie crusts.  Instead dessert was apple luckshan kugel (Apple
noodle pudding).  Yes we are still feasting on leftovers.  Kugel is great
for breakfast.

Sindara