SC - Help for Novices

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Mon Nov 29 23:50:45 PST 1999

Begging your pardon, but why do you feel the FAQ would make me less likely
ask a question than your response to my suggestion just did?  The people who
have responded negatively to my suggestion are the people least likely to
need the FAQ.

We all have different ways of learning, and different comfort levels with
people and subjects that are new to us.

I apologize for troubling the waters,

Juliana/Iu'liana

No pardon required, and stop apologizing.  My thoughts were my own and not
meant to speak for anybody else, so of them only shall I speak, I would
never presume to speak for yours Juliana.  I was, am still, of the
impression, that when I sign on to a new list (with my whammydyne new 'puter
:-) :-) :-) eat my shorts Mac users!) if I receive a FAQ, I tend to feel
that I have signed on to a list that does not encourage questions from new
folk.  This does not in the least describe Papa's livingroom, and I was
merely pointing out that, should we, as a collective, decide the best way to
assimilate new members is to greet them with an electronic "here's the cub
scout handbook, read it, don't ask questions, resistance is futile" type of
attitude, which IMHO is the purpose of FAQ's, we would be doing ourselves
and our new members a disservice.  YMMV.

regards, Puck