SC - Re: SC pots and pans

BanAvtai at aol.com BanAvtai at aol.com
Mon Nov 1 18:09:48 PST 1999

I>> the Calphalon comes in three choices: professional anodized, professional
 >> nonstick, or commercial nonstick.  Is one better than the other?  or is it
 >> just personal prefrence?

Personally I have fallen in love with All Clad's anodized.  Mine have already
been through six or seven years of daily use and are in the same condition as
the day I bought them.  And I'm not prissy/careful when using them either.
They conduct heat well and evenly, have wonderful stay cool handles, and
clean up easily.  They have a nonstick line too, but food rarely sticks to
the anodized pans if you remember the hot pan/cold oil thingie.

Also, if you live in Western, PA or the tri-state area you can get some
outrageous buys at All Clad's semiannual factory sale.  You can get their
pots and pans for as much as 70% off the regular retail price because they
have a small scratch or pock mark and cannot be sold in the stores.  Trust
me, it doesn't affect their durability or performance one bit.....it's the
only way I buy mine now.  The sales are in June and then again in time for
Christmas in early December.  The factory is located in Canonsburg, PA, and
they may (don't know) have a site on the WWW.

Sorry for getting carried away,

Iu'liana