SC - Book Review

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Nov 2 22:25:29 PST 1999

>In a message dated 10/29/99 11:21:30 PM EST, lcm at efn.org writes:
> << It's a really cute book- one of the better children's books on the
>  subject- >>
> Thank you all for the information. I also serve Meridies by being the editor
> of the Page's School Newsletter and I'm "always" looking for books, articles
> and projects for the children. (shameless groveling) It's a quarterly
> publication with sections on Service, Arts and Sciences and Chivalry. Finding
> interesting, kid friendly recipes and articles on the many aspects of feast
> preparation would be "well received". :::looking hopeful:::
>
> Thank you again
> Molli Rose

You might want to check some of the message files in the CHILDREN section of
my Florilegium for some useful tidbits such as:
baby-gifts-msg    (20K)  4/13/98    Period-type and SCA-useful baby gifts.
children-msg     (158K)  1/29/97    Children in the SCA and period.
child-books-msg   (17K)  5/27/99    Children’s Medieval and Ren. history books.
child-clothes-msg (23K)  2/24/97    Period and SCA children's clothing.
p-cook-child-msg   (7K)  9/15/99    Period cooking for children.
child-wagons-msg   (7K)  9/27/99    Wagons for hauling children at events.
dolls-msg         (17K)  7/ 1/99    Medieval fashion and toy dolls.
teething-toys-msg (26K)  6/24/98    Period and SCA teething toys for infants.
toys-msg          (63K)  7/20/99    Period and SCA toys.

And even this file which might be of use directly as an article:
Toys-in-th-MA-art (26K)  8/30/99    "Toys in the Middle Ages" By Lady
Margritte
                                       of Ravenscroft.

If anyone sends an article to Molli, I would appreciate being able to consider it
for the Florilegium also.

Stefan
(Who is now home from nine days in the hospital with two fractured vertabrae,
pnemonia and blood poisoning. I'm afraid they don't have internet access here
in the hospitals. :-) )

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: