SC - Eel & Fish Balls

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Nov 4 14:20:41 PST 1999

> I tried Icelandic chicken the other night, and it was wonderful.  I did
> do some variations, based on what was on-hand.

> I boned and skinned the chickens, and made individual
> packets of each of the breasts and thigh/leg portions.  I also used
> dried, crumbled sage instead of fresh leaves, 'cause that was what I had.

We're planning on using either the simple period dough or a calzone dough
since we won't have the wonderful bacon juices soaking the bread. I think
we'll probably go with chicken thighs, turkey bacon, sage leaves (or maybe
dried crumbled), and maybe a bit of olive oil but I think the thighs will stay
moist enough.

> I also bought salmon and fresh dill yesterday to make some gravlax with,
> so your menu is starting to sound familiar! :)

Yes indeed.

>         How different will your sauces be on your whitefish au gratin (sprinkled
> with cheese, or a cheese sauce?) and your fish balls in parsley sauce?

The au gratin has layers of fish with a cheese sauce baked in.

> usually think of spinach with a whitefish and sauce dish, in case you
> were looking for ideas as to what kind of assorted veggies should be in
> your dishes.

I haven't gotten around to the veggies except for the mushroom tarts.

> It also looks a bit fishy, 4 seafood dishes (eel, whitefish, fishballs,
> gravlax) to one fowl dish.  Does the gentleman prefer fish to fowl that
> much?

Not really. The menu is still in the planning stages. There will be a couple
of other fowl dishes as well as assorted veggie and sweet dishes. And
all of this should be stuff we can keep warm and be "nibbly".

BTW, I got the Dutch cookbook in from Amazon.com. It's wonderful, lots
of vegetable dishes as well as some very easy breads and cookie recipes.

>         Yum, I'm hungry now, when is dinner?

Um. Friday night, November 19th.

>         Christianna

Yers,