SC - Good Broth

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Nov 4 14:29:59 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/4/99 4:15:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oftraquair at hotmail.com writes:

<< In specifying good broth, is the writer warning that being
 too cheap to toss out the contents of the ever present and economical stock
 pot will only result in wasting even more food?

Possibly. My take on it when previewing it's occurrence in period recipes is
that 'the best' was what was intended. Therefor 'gode brothe' would be
translated as 'the best broth.' In actual experience, I have found that the
best broth in the particular recipes that mention it specifically seems to
indicate full flavored broth as opposed to more diluted broth. Of course, my
mileage is just as much conjecture as yours. ;-)

Ras