SC - advice needed

Eileigh eileigh at icqmail.com
Sun Nov 7 13:23:50 PST 1999

I am new to the SCA and to this digest, and so far have really enjoyed
reading what everyone posts.  I hope that you all won't mind a rather
basic question from a newcomer.

I have seen posts on here about feastware, but not much discussion to
date about 'period' cookware.  Haven't been able to find much about it
ont he web either.  My husband and I will be camping with the SCA at a
local faire this next weekend, and we would like our campsite to be as
'period' as we can manage.  What sort of cookware would have been used
during the middle ages?  Our personas are Scottish, circa 1270-1300 AD.
Its my understanding that cast iron would not be 'period'...would
welcome other opinions.

Eileigh