SC - Marwick Arts Exhibition

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Nov 9 21:27:08 PST 1999

> Kael
>
> who has sworn he is never again cooking for an event under these
> conditions.  I mean, I was almost in tears when my assistant told me that
> we had blown the electric circuit, and I realized that at that moment, I
> had absolutely no sources of heat beyond steam tray with sternos.

Kael, when you have recovered enough from the trauma of this headcook
experience, I would love to get a message from you (either posted here
or by email) that details just what went wrong and how you managed to
work around the problems. From what I hear here you did a wonderful job
even without having these equipment problems. I think such stories as
yours can be quite instructive and even inspiring to other headcooks,
especially new ones. Not only so they have an idea of the things that might
go wrong and have an idea of how to fix them, but simply knowing that no
matter
how hard things appear to them someone has had worse and managed to handle
things.

And yes, such stories go into a file.  It is in the FEASTS section of my files:
fst-disasters-msg (36K)  4/20/99    Tales of SCA feasts that were disasters.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net