SC - Poor Man's lobster

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Nov 11 12:52:42 PST 1999

> >I used to get it in the grocery store all the time. It was sometimes
> >sold as "poor man's lobster". I haven't looked in a while though.
>
> That would be Monkfish I believe.

It was sold as "Torsk". Trust me, I couldn't make up a name like that.
It may be advertised that way with a couple of different firm white fleshed
fish with the instructions to boil, bake or broil and serve with lemon and
drawn butter. Another marketing ploy to get finicky Americans to eat
fish.

> Cadoc

Yers,

Gunthar