[Potters] Fwd: SC - pictures of feasts

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Sat Nov 13 21:15:59 PST 1999

    Master Hroar graciously replied to the query about period table wares,
for English tables, mostly:

In a message dated 11/13/99 2:57:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
freyja1 at juno.com writes:

<< >
   As to websites, look to the Atlantian website, in the A&S section. They
 have a nice pottery links page...
   Here are some books...

 "Medieval English Pottery"
 Bernard Rackham, r738.R11m
 Faber and Faber...(sorry, this is all I have on this book..but try to
 find it, it has some of the best photography I have seen...for such an
 old book...

 "Post-Medieval Pottery in London, 1500-1700: Border Wares"
 Jacqueline Pearce  isbn 0-11-290494-7
 I have raved apleanty about this book already..8-)

 "Medieval Pottery in Britain, AD900-1600"
 M.Mcarthy and C.  Brooks..ISBN 0-7185-1271-5
 The photos are spacre and not that good, but theere is TONS of info,
 referances, and more drawings than you can possible sitt through and
 remember..

 "The Secular Spirit: Life at the End of the Medieval Period"
 Met. Museum of Art
 709.02 N42s
 Dutton, 1975
 Ya gotta find this book! More photos of such a wide range of artifacts,
 it will stagger you senses...The book views what might have been found in
 the various rooms of a late period Noble home, from various cultures...

 "From Viking to Crusader"
 Rosedahl& Wilson
 984.02 F92
 A good one!

Hroar

    Maybe others will have time to offer sources from other countries, but
this is a good start! :-) Need to hunt these down myself.........

                    Ldy Diana