SC - Grapes and needing help

kylie walker kyliewalker at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 14 20:14:34 PST 1999

Hauviette d'Anjou wrote:

Snip >1.What properties (taste) would result from pressing these grapes at
or about the time they reach the size of a chick pea (approx. a third of an
inch in diameter)?

and Ras wrote:
snip > referring to the poster's original request for a small grape
variety that may fit the criteria that he specified:...

I'm wondering if I missed the original post on this - it's right in my area
of interest (note I don't say expertise - the more I learn, the less I know,
etc etc) and I doubt I'd have skipped over anything with the word grape
involved, but maybe it started under another thread .... could someone fill
me in on what Roman manuscripts, or recipes involving grapes, or what have
you, prompted this thread??

(And yes, I have read Hauviette's later post about versions and various
translations - but being pretty much a newcomer to the primary sources
thing, I got a bit confused about whose translations of what, etc. Title,
author, time period would be much appreciated ... pretty please and all
that).

Kylie