SC - RANT & RAVE (feel free to delete!)

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 05:49:40 PST 1999

Good Fellows on the List, Greetings from Phillipa Seton!

Please pardon me while I have a small rant about food.  Feel free to delete!!

I have been trying to convert medieval recipes to allergy friendly dishes
without a whole lot of success of late and I'm getting really frustrated!!!

In my case, I have to avoid all dairy, nuts, seeds and high fat content.(And
now I have to avoid Indian food, but that's a whole other rant)  Beef and
lamb don't go down too well and pork is out of the question.  Well, by the
time you fiddle with a recipe so much to exclude everything that I have to
exclude, you've just got a horse of a differant color all together!!!  (read:
20th  Cent.  vegetarian)

I have a small body of recipes which don't make me sick and are nice and I
like them, but I was hoping to expand my reportoire a bit.
Almond milk is too high in fat.
Soy milk sometimes sets up as in a pudding, but most often not.
Rice milk doesn;t set up.

 I was sitting down to work out my Pilgim's Thanksgiving dinner last night (I
know!  OOP)   But all the recipes would have killed me in one way or another.
 I mean, I can go the path of:  roasted bird, roasted root veg, boiled peas,
pumpkin pie, but that's just to modern!!!

Sorry about the rant!  But honestly!  If you can't complain to your friends,
who can you complain to???

Thanks a lot for listening everybody!
Love, Phillipa S