SC - Early Period A&S Entries

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Wed Nov 17 06:29:27 PST 1999

Ras hath written:
> In a message dated 11/16/99 9:16:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> rushmaj at basf-corp.com writes:
>
> << Check your Kingdom's A&S criteria.  I believe the Midrealm's has a
> 'starting
>  date' so to speak.  If I remember correctly it caused a change in the Kingdom
>   Pentathlon champion in the recent past.  A very fine artisan had made
>  something (I don't remember the category) but that particular entry was
>  disqualified as the piece was too early. >>
>
> This makes no sense t me. When can Kingdom pronouncements, however off the
> wall and contrary to corporate pronouncements, have any real meaning?

According to general corpora usage, individual Kingdoms may enact laws which
are narrower in scope than Corporate Laws, but may not broaden it.
SO a Kindom can (in theory) write a law saying that all A&S entries must be from
the period of May 30, 1442, but cannot write a law saying that A&S entries may
be from the period 1400BCE  to 1700CE.

brandu