SC - Index to Gerard's herbal

Richard Kappler II rkappler at home.com
Fri Nov 19 11:04:43 PST 1999

Having obtained her permission to do so, I would like to commend Lady
Temair, who is lurking amongst us, for a most magnificent piece of work.
Many of us use Gerards Herbal in our research of period cooking as well as
other 'crafts' we pursue within the Society.  It is a cumbersome volume
though and I for one have found it difficult to use.  Lady Temair has
compiled an index, a pair of them actually, that lists the contents of this
book both alphabetically and in ascending page number.  I have found this
extremely helpful in my research and now refer to Gerards on an almost daily
basis as opposed to a reference of last, sometimes painful, resort (due only
to my own laziness ;-).

Thanks to Lord Eadric, this fine work is available on the web at:

http://users.ev1.net/~uisge/sca_brew/gerards.htm

Or a few of us have it available to e-mail privately in MS Excel format.

VIVATS! and thank you Tara!

regards, Puck