SC - Assistance Please - Kiev 1300s feast?

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Sun Nov 21 14:06:19 PST 1999

Greetings all,

First of all I am waaay behind on the list, so I apologize if this has been
done to death recently.

I friend of mine is planning to run a time/place feast set in Kiev in 1300s
(I believe set around Alexander Nevsky?)

I know we have no cookbooks translated into English for that time and place,
but can anyone help with acceptable substitutes or ideas for further
research?

I have copies of the Domostroi and Food and Drink in Medieval Poland.  If
all else fails, I was thinking of advising him to use recipes out of these
books as they are kinda the right place if not the right time.

Suggestions please ?

Meliora.