SC - Thanksgiving

Richard Kappler II rkappler at home.com
Wed Nov 24 11:57:37 PST 1999

>So is anyone doing a period dish for the traditional Thanksgiving
>dinner?

Actually, Margali and Bubbleboy (sorry Rob :-) accepted my open invitation
of last week, and are journeying to Puck's Glen tonight.  We have quite a
feast planned, far more than 3 people could possibly eat, but what the heck
says I, it'll be fun and leftovers have never been a problem around these
parts.  Besides, the ingredients are all bought already, so might as well
use them, no?  Margali's bringing Birdzilla (22 lbs!) along with stuffing
and stuph, plus a pumpkin pie.  So the menu for tomorrow at Puck's Glen is:

Turkey and stuffing (a la Margali and Rob)
Salmon roste in Sauce (Two Fifteenth Century)
Glazed Leg of Lamb with garlic and rosemary (Platina)
Armored Turnips (Platina)
Champignons en paste' (Pleyn Delit)
Parsnips (Platina)
A Cooked Dish of Lentils (al-Andalusi)
Spinach Tart (le Menagier de Paris)
Cuskynoles (Curye on Inglysch)
Pumpkin Pie (Margali and Rob)
Savoury Tosted Cheese (Digby)
Eggnog (Puck's secret recipe)
Mead (Puck again)
White wine
Bourbon (Evan Williams :-)

The Big Yaller Dawg keeps saying he wants to roast Stoopid Cat.   When I
tell him there won't be room in the ovens, he just whines a little and says
boiled would do if absolutely necessary <sigh>.  I found out this morning he
was online last night trying to auction off Stoopid Cat's pelt.  Tomorrow
could well be very interesting!

regards, Puck