SC - folger's shakespeare

Elysant at aol.com Elysant at aol.com
Thu Nov 25 21:45:30 PST 1999

- -Poster:<Elysant at aol.com>

>Lady Tara and I are off to DC (yes, from Atlanta) at 6:25 tomorow
>morning, to take in the exhibit, something else as yet undetermined, and
>returning here at 8:30 tomorow night.  We're trying to find maps on
>mapquest right now to show us the side of the city we'll be on, and to
>try to figure out what else will be close to us.
>Anybody with ideas on-line right now, we'll check the email again around
>5:00am (ick!)
>We're looking forward to it, we'll let you know how it goes!

Greetings M'lady Christianna,

Having been to the Folger exibit not too long ago, perhaps I can be of
assistance to you.  The Folger Shakespeare Library is located a block or so
east of the U.S. Capitol, at 201 East Capitol Street., S.E..

Admission is free, and it's open 10am - 4pm Monday - Saturday.

Telephone number is: 1-202-544-4600
Web page: www.folger.edu

When Lord Ras and I went there, we got to the area via the "Blue and Orange"
Metro line.  If you choose to do this, (I found using the Metro much easier
than trying to navigate the streets by car), here are the directions:

The Metro stop you'd get off on would be "Capitol South".

>From this Metro station, go straight north on 1st Street (there's a street
map located right outside the Metro). :-)

Staying on 1st street, cross C Street, cross Independence Avenue, and keep
walking north (you'll pass the Library of Congress on your right) to East
Capitol Street (the Capitol will be to your left, the Supreme Court building
will be catercorner on your right).

Turn right onto East Capitol Street.

The Folgers is on the right side of that street, on the second block down.

Hope this helps.

YIS
Elysant

P.S. If you choose not to use the Metro, the brochure says that there is
limited street parking available.  :-)