SC - Thanksgiving

April Abbott orlando at rogues.net
Fri Nov 26 08:06:55 PST 1999

I had a small Thanksgiving dinner with three of my friends, which meant it
was a good opportunity to make what we really wanted, and not feel too bound
to tradition.  We decided that rather than cooking a turkey, we would have
three Cornish game hens.  Three separate birds meant more opportunities to
play with food ideas, so I was happy!  One was just a standard bread
stuffing.  One was stuffed with garlic cloves, rosemary, thyme, and sage.
The third was stuffed with golden raisins and rose petals seasoned with a
bit of ginger, cardamom and cinnamon.  This one was greeted with skepticism
as I worked in the kitchen, but was demolished at the table with much
enthusiasm.  It was by far the most popular of the three.

- -Sofonisba