SC - Re: SC Pepper sauce, OOP

Richard Kappler II rkappler at home.com
Sat Nov 27 19:07:22 PST 1999

>Well, you know, the tabasco does not use any outside source of vinegar.
The
>vinegar present in the finished product is the result of fermentation of
the
>peppers.  (seven years, IIRC)  It has little relationship to my pepper
sauce.
> Tobasco is more for meat dishes, and pepper sauce is for vegetable dishes.

The first part of this is correct.  The Tabasco folks get their product from
natural fermentation of peppers, IIRC there is no vinegar added, and yes my
dear friend Ras, I DO happen to have recipes.  As a matter of fact, right
after 'The General' died, all of his recipes were collected, coallated and
distributed to those of us on the Chile-Heads list, and somewhere around
here I still have it.  Gimme a coupla days to find it and I'll be glad to
forward it to any that so desire, but not on the list.  Its OOP and a HUGE
file.  His wife wanted it distributed though, so I figure its okay.
EEEEEEEasy Bear, Papa and the rest a' you Texans, I said gimme a coupla days
to dig through my archives to find it and I'll let everybody know.  It might
have been a casualty of my last hard drive crash.

As far as Tobasco only being for meat dishes...... one must really wonder
why they came out with the green stuff and why the red stuff tastes so durn
good in my omelets :-).

Regards, Puck