SC - OT - Antopodean Holidays

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Tue Nov 30 13:49:48 PST 1999

At 14:09 30-11-1999 +1100, Glenda wrote:
>I was just thinking, if Americans have Turkey at Thanksgiving, what do you
>eat on Christmas Day? Turkey is one of the primary meats for our Christmas
>celebrations, whether we have a hot or a cold meal. (There's a thought - bet
>you don't know what Aussies eat on Christmas Day - seeing as how it's
>usually approaching 100F).

I always think of goose as being the "proper" Xmas meal, but I've had ham
or turkey far more often than I've had goose.  One of my cookbooks includes
an Xmas menu starring roast of venison with chocolate sauce, which I've
always wanted to try....

Alasdair mac Iain

Reunite Gondwanaland!!!

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie  [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and
in chief two mullets sable