Subject: SC - winter thoughts

Peldyn at aol.com Peldyn at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 15:05:56 PST 1999

In a message dated 11/30/1999 9:06:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
LrdRas at aol.com writes:

> You may want to consult with your local agricultural extension office
>  concerning the planting of currants and gooseberries. Both plants are
hosts
>  for pine rust which is a fatal disease to some evergreens. The planting of
>  gooseberries and currants is illegal in some areas and/or states because
of
>  this.
We have these growing wild in the mountains near my home. The kids and I like
to go pick them in the late summer. I am thinking about trying to plant them.
I don't think there is a problem in my area with pine rust, but I will check
to make sure.
Peldyn