SC - Bon Apetit bias

Richard Keith keith.78 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 2 06:01:35 PST 1999

- --=====================_232750214==_.ALT

At 07:04 AM 11/1/99 -0500, you wrote:

>So, what do you figure the true bias is? Unexperienced cooks might look
>at a Medieval recipe and think it too vague to follow, and those
>unfamiliar with Middle English might have the same reaction... But an
>experienced Chef? Just lazy, or not really curious, or what? Funny
>attitude for somebody doing a show on our theme. But wait, we'd be
>assuming they have something besides skill in the kitchen, and enough
>charisma to have some air time...
>--
>Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe, OP

 Greetings and Good morning Ian

I having missed this show and am curious as to which Frozen TV Chief you
are in
reference to.  Perhaps since we are an educational based organization, we
should approach her/him? and offer our guidance.  I am certain having followed
some of the exchanges on this list we can teach anybody with great diplomacy
and wisdom.  Many of our chiefs have enough letters behind their names to
impress these folks.  Invite them to a feast?  That's what I did locally.

I am working with the chief at out local college whom has been trained by
CIA.
I believe there has been a reference to the quality of books they use for
medieval cooking on this list.   We have been having lunch together discussing
medieval cooking theory and practice.  He seems to be soaking it up.   By the
time we actually do a feast for the college, we will be using all medieval
recipes.

So far he likes the idea of roast venison for the feast as well as ducks,
peasants and whole bores.  Just have to approach them correctly.

Frederich

- --=====================_232750214==_.ALT

>So, what do you figure the true bias is? Unexperienced cooks might
look<br>
>at a Medieval recipe and think it too vague to follow, and
those<br>
>unfamiliar with Middle English might have the same reaction... But
an<br>
>experienced Chef? Just lazy, or not really curious, or what?
Funny<br>
>attitude for somebody doing a show on our theme. But wait, we'd
be<br>
>assuming they have something besides skill in the kitchen, and
enough<br>
>charisma to have some air time...<br>
>-- <br>
>Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe, OP <br>
 Greetings and Good morning Ian<br>
I having missed this show and am curious as to which Frozen TV Chief you
are in reference to.  Perhaps since we are an educational based
organization, we should approach her/him? and offer our guidance.  I
am certain having followed some of the exchanges on this list we can
teach anybody with great diplomacy and wisdom.  Many of our chiefs
have enough letters behind their names to impress these folks.
Invite them to a feast?  That's what I did locally.<br>
I am working with the chief at out local college whom has been trained by
CIA.  I believe there has been a reference to the quality of books
they use for medieval cooking on this list.   We have been
having lunch together discussing medieval cooking theory and
practice.  He seems to be soaking it up.   By the time we
actually do a feast for the college, we will be using all medieval
recipes.<br>
So far he likes the idea of roast venison for the feast as well as ducks,
peasants and whole bores.  Just have to approach them
correctly.<br>
Frederich<br>