SC - Camp Kitchen Furniture

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Nov 1 07:22:15 PST 1999

>   Those sound great! But for folks who don't have these stores around
>locally, try:  <A HREF="http://www.jastown.com/">Jas. Townsend and Son, Inc.
>Home Page</A>  (http://www.jastown.com/cooking/cooking.htm) They are mostly
>aimed at American Revolutionary War and later reenactors, but a number of
>things they have, especially in the cooking gear lines, will work nicely for
>us as well. They do have cauldrons, as well as a nice reflector oven, tripods
>and grills, cone sugar and nippers for it, dutch ovens, etc......... Good
>prices on beeswax, too, and brewer's pitch. And I sometimes order pewter from
>them, as well--I have cheaper sources, but none as speedy! ;-)

They also sell a very pretty Francisc--a Frankish throwing axe. What
an eighth century weapon is doing in a catalog for 18th century
reenactment I don't know--they merely refer to it as French and an
ancient design, which is true enough--but it is very nice. I was just
throwing mine yesterday.

Their store is located between Chicago and Pennsic, only a little off
line, so we used to stop occasionally to get wooden tubs and such.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/