SC - Wooden Trencher description

Terri Millette wayspiff at ici.net
Wed Nov 3 02:28:21 PST 1999

wow, that's really cool, I have 2 such plates that I got a year ago
at crown, some gentle had made 6, and the woman selling them said
they went like hot cakes.

The ones I have are maple, and I'd say he( alas, I have no idea who
made them, but I will keep my eye open for you) started with a 9 inch
piece 3/4 inch thick, the circle is 7 1/2 inches across( don't even
think of making me do math!) the outer edge was routered down, as
there is a raised rim, and the center is routered down as well,it's
got a slight tapper to it, the salt cellar is in one corner and it's
about 1 1/4 inches across, maybe 1/4 to 1/3 inch at the deepest part,
it tappers down.

Fiona

<< Measurements? Closer description? Time and place?  >>

Since it was enclosed in a glass case I can only give a general description.

The time frame was late 16th to early 17th century CE (Elizabethan). The
original location of the object was England.

If any one would like a simple schematic of it I can send a GIF or JPG
attachment to him/her.

Ras