SC - Liber Cure Cocorum: I.L.L. Follies of 1999 (long)

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 3 13:31:49 PST 1999

>Hullo, the list!
>
>I thought people doing research might be interested in the saga of my
>attempt to get ahold of a copy of Liber Cure Cocorum, a.k.a. MS. Sloane
>1986. There are probably better ways to go about all this, but what the
>hey.

Is the version below a useful one?  YOu said 150 year old version of 550 yr
old material, so it isn't the same one, unless you were being not specific
in your math. And is it really that hard a thing to locate, I mean, I can
get hold of 2 within 15 miles of each other, and a related book, though
neither of these were in that list that whoever posted that mentioned
Cornell, etc.

from UNC-CH's library (http://unclib.lib.unc.edu:80/htbin/webcat.com#1):

     Liber cure cocorum. Copied and edited from the Sloane ms. 1986 by
Richard Morris.
     Berlin, Published for the Philological society by A. Asher & co., 1862.
     Holdings:
          LOCATION: Davis -- CALL NUMBER: TX705 .L5
               c.1 Available

DUKE (http://www.lib.duke.edu/online_catalog.html)has that and this related
volume:

Philological Society (Great Britain)
     The Philological society's early English volume, 1862-4. Containing I.
Liber cure cocorum, A B. 1440 A. D. II.
     Hampole's Pricke of conscience, A B. 1340 A. D. III. The castel off
loue, A B. 1320 A. D.
     London, Berlin, Asher & co., 1865.
          LOCATION: Perkins -- CALL NUMBER: 821.19 L695P

As for the other books you are looking for, the I found the following at
DUKE library,

BOKE OF NURTURE
     The boke of nurture folowyng Englondis gise. (1 title)
     [The boke of nurture for men, seruauntes, and chyldren] (1 title)
     The boke of nurture, or, Schoole of good maners for men, seruants, and
children : with Stans puer ad mensam. (1 title)
     The boke of nurture, or Schoole of good maners: for men, servants, and
children, with Stans puer ad mensam.
     Newly corrected, very necessary for all youth and children. (1 title)

Lady Bonne de Traquair
Buckston-on-Eno
Windmasters' Hill
Atlantia