SC - A different kind of historical recreation

Lurking Girl tori at panix.com
Tue Nov 9 07:00:40 PST 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> No problem. I am somewhat amused that the recreationists are already
> 'recreating' the early years of the SCA in whatever form. Could carpet armor
> and Freon helmets be next? :-)

Don't worry, it's just a one-off.  :) It's in preparation for the
Ostgardr 20th anniversary in January--I'm supposed to draw up a Then
and Now menu.  My teacher is kitchen steward for the feast, and we the
students will be the help.  I don't know if she has a menu planned and
this is just a theoretical exercise, or whether it will be tweaked and
modified to become the actual menu; either way, it's been pretty
educational.  Especially budgeting.  Oook.

Thanks to everyone who posted!  I do have a copy of Fabulous Feasts,
though I've never actually looked at the recipes in it...

Vika

- --
      Victoria Swann * tori at panix.com * http://www.panix.com/~tori
LNH: Lurking Girl * SCA: Vika (Ostgardr) * WB: miri * work: vf at panix.com
   "Commit a little mortal sin, it's good for the soul."  -J. Buffett
     If you spam me, you will be procmailed out of 10,000 mailboxes.